Four grants will be awarded for the 2018 academic year:
- Charles Kosmutza Memorial Grants: $2,500 & $1,000
- Max R. & Irene Rubenstein Memorial Grant: $1,500
- Leon Brooks Memorial Grant: $1,000
JWVF sponsors an annual essay contest for current service members and veterans who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited Associates, Bachelor’s nursing, or graduate-degree program.
The National Achievement Program is open to anyone regardless of race, religion, creed, or culture. All veterans are eligible and must be legal residents of the USA.
- Essays should be between 500-750 words. They must be written in English, and typed essays are preferred. Please read the question carefully to ensure that your essay covers both parts of the theme.
- 2017 Essay Theme: What was your military experience AND how will that experience help you pursue your academic studies?
- The essay will be assessed along the following criteria:
- 25% Logic and coherence of the essay’s organization
- 25% Description of relevant military experience
- 50% Answering both pieces of the essay question clearly and fully
- Applicants must also submit his or her most recent transcript (high school or college), a copy of a college acceptance letter, and proof of honorable military service, such as a copy of a DD-214, military ID card, etc.
Due Date: July 17, 2018
If you have any questions, please contact the Programs Department at 202-265-6280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.